From the office of the honourable Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire below are the ways one can safely protect him or herself from Coronavirus in Nigeria.
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based sanitizer.
2. Maintain at least 1.5 metres (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
3. Persons with persistent cough or sneezing should stay home or keep a social distance but not mix in crowd.
4. Make sure you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene, meaning cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue or into your sleeve at the bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
5. Stay home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance. 0800 970 0000-0010. Do not engage in self-medication.