It is no news again that one of America’s most favourite singer and one of the most celebrated musician alive released an album last Friday, 19th July. Her album Lion King: The Gift has gained wild fire recognition ever since.
It has been a mixed feeling for both fans and critics alike. Some critics view the album as not just a remake of familiar theme song but a deeper rendition of what the story represents.
While discussing the the 27-track album and why she featured some Africa’s best talents on Good Morning America she said: “This soundtrack is a love letter to Africa, and I wanted to make sure we found some of the best talent in Africa.”
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles Carter, who is the executive producer of The Gift, described the album as a personal project inspired by The Lion King, saying it’s a love letter to Africa.
These are 14 cool facts about the Disney Original, Lion King
- 1. The classic animation movie, Lion King, is 25 years old.(1994-2019)
- 2. In a remake album, American singer, Beyoncé, last Friday July 19, 2019 released an accompanying album to the film, titled, The Gift.
- 3. The Lion King is the third of four live-action remakes of Disney classics this year alone.
- 4. Beyoncé potrays the role of Nala, Simba’s sibling
- 5. Beyoncé’s live-action Lion King remake, was star-studded by many Afro Beats Nigerian singers.
- 6. The actors include Wizkid, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Mr. Eazi, Burna Boy, and Tiwa Savage.
- 7. The remake also draws actors from other African countries such as Cameroon, Ghana, and South Africa.
- 8. Lion King is the first ever Disney animated film to follow a completely original story line.
- 9. Pumbaa was the first Disney character to ever fart on screen.
- 10. In November 1991, Some of the film’s animators travelled to Kenya’s Hell’s Gate National Park for research and inspirational purposes for the film.
- 11. It was only after the trip to Kenya that by the researchers did the famous theme song ‘Hakuna Matata’ became part of the script.
- 12. The film animators brought real animals to the studio to help them study the movement of animals potrayed in the film.
- 13. Lion King is the all time highest-grossing hand drawn animation, netting $968.5 in Box office.
- 14. The hope of Nigerian artistes winning the Grammys is rekindled by this album.
Latest posts by Favour James (see all)
- Indonesian immigration deporting Nigerians for spraying money during Pastor Odumeje’s crusade - Oct 28, 2019
- Innoson Company automatically employs two Nigerians who designed new logo for the company - Oct 23, 2019
- EFCC releases statement on Mompha’s arrest, says watches worth N20m recovered from him - Oct 22, 2019