Key Points:
- R. Kelly is begging to leave prison because he is scared and very sick.
- His lawyers say he cried during a call, worried for his life and not getting medical help.
- They want him moved to home confinement as his health continues to get worse behind bars.
R&B singer R. Kelly is begging to be freed from prison as he says he is terrified and very sick. His lawyers say he cried on the phone during a recent call, saying he fears for his life. The 57-year-old star is currently locked up in a special part of a North Carolina prison.
Kelly, who is serving a 30-year sentence for sex crimes and racketeering, was recently taken to a hospital. There, doctors reportedly told him he needed surgery and should stay for about two weeks. But according to his lawyer, things suddenly changed. Kelly was quickly taken out of the hospital and sent back to his prison cell before receiving treatment.

His legal team says this is dangerous and unfair, and they are asking for him to be moved to home confinement.
“He Was Crying on the Phone”
Nicole Blank Becker, one of Kelly’s lawyers, says he became emotional during their last phone call on Monday. She says he cried off and on during the call. According to her, he is deeply afraid and feels unsafe in prison.
“He’s scared for his life,” Becker said. “He’s a human being, and he needs proper medical care. This is very serious.”
Kelly is now in the Special Housing Unit (SHU), which is usually for prisoners who need extra security. Becker says he was doing fine before a murder threat from another inmate forced a change in his housing. She claims the new environment is worse for his health and safety.
No Blood Thinners, No Help
Another lawyer, Beau Brindley, says Kelly’s health is getting worse every day. The singer has blood clots, but he is not getting any treatment for them. He is also not receiving his blood thinners, which are important to prevent the clots from getting more dangerous.
Brindley says Kelly was diagnosed while in hospital, but nothing has been done since then. His team has now gotten permission to request Kelly’s full medical records from Duke Hospital. They hope these will help in their efforts to bring his health concerns before the court.
Plea for Home Confinement
Kelly’s team is now asking that he be allowed to serve his sentence under home confinement instead of staying in prison. They believe this will help him stay safe and receive the treatment he needs.

Before the murder threat, Kelly had no major issues at the North Carolina prison. His team says the situation there is now just as bad as what he faced in Chicago and New York.
“Whether people like him or not, it’s about doing what’s right,” Becker stressed. “Everyone deserves medical care.”
Stay with ValidUpdates for more updates on this developing story.





